CONFIG_FB_VESA was not set by UME kernel

Matthew Garrett mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org
Tue Aug 21 15:37:09 UTC 2007

On Mon, Aug 20, 2007 at 06:50:15AM +0800, Du, Alek wrote:
> Amit,
>
> Current we found an issue may be related with UME kernel config:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-meta/+bug/133557
>
> Seems usplash package needs CONFIG_FB_VESA=y to run correctly. Would you
> please set this config for UME kernel?

No it doesn't. Plese don't enable CONFIG_FB_VESA, it's an invitation for
disaster. It would be significantly more helpful to figure out why
usplash is having difficulty on your platform - could you provide more
information about the hardware?

Amit: If you've committed this, could you revert it? Thanks.
Matthew Garrett | mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org