xen: Problem booting domain0

Hadmut Danisch hadmut at danisch.de
Wed Aug 15 21:45:27 UTC 2007

Hi,

when I try to use Xen of ubuntu 7.04, I can boot into domain0, but
domain0 can't access video cards and some pci devices, e.g. it does
not find sata disks. I've seen the problem on three different machine.

In contrast, I have one debian machine (although with a much more modern
CPU) where disks and video behaves as normal, i.e. you don't see any
difference between a regular boot and booting into domain0. Disks and
X11 comes up as usual.

Could this problem be caused by older processors, different kernel
configurations, or domain configuration?

regards
Hadmut