include piix driver in lpia

Pan, Jacob jun jacob.jun.pan at intel.com
Sat Aug 4 13:24:34 UTC 2007

>On Fri, 2007-08-03 at 18:18 -0700, Pan, Jacob jun wrote:
>> the patch to libata is not complete, it does not work. for now we
rely
>> on the ide driver for DMA.
>
>Will this be complete by gutsy release?
[JP>>] does it mean before feature freeze on aug. 16th? I think it is
doable. We have a new engineer working on it. I will consult with him
and get back to you.
If not, perhaps we can remove
>this part of the patch out of our tree? Anyway, disabling ata_piix in
>favor of piix sounds like the way to go right now.
[JP>>] I guess you don't need to disable ata_piix in the kernel
configuration since we pick the driver modules in the initramfs list.
IDE driver will claim the resources first, there is no conflict.