Speakup delta for gutsy (Was Re: Current feisty/upstream delta)

Ben Collins ben.collins at ubuntu.com
Tue Apr 24 13:09:10 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-04-23 at 16:22 +1000, Luke Yelavich wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 18, 2007 at 02:32:16AM EST, Ben Collins wrote:
> > - Speakup integration. Just hold this off for now.
>
> Speakup is undergoing some major changes upstream, and also needs a lot
> of work done to it to interract with the rest of the kernel, as well as
> serial ports, in a sane fashion. The accessibility team is also
> considering whether a userspace solution may be better in the long term.
>
> As it currently stands, it is certainly not ready for mainline, and is
> still very much a "works for me" pile of code.

Right, it got put in with the delta.

However, we do need to address this for gutsy release. Not so much
getting this into mainline, but how we'll get rid of this local delta to
our tree. Right now, our gutsy main tree is pristine. I'd like to
continue this trend :)

Speakup is one of the most invasive non-upstream patches we have in our
tree. Can we discuss how to address this? (better now than later)

--
Ubuntu:    http://www.ubuntu.com/
Linux1394: http://www.linux1394.org/