backporting timer fix to dapper

Andrew Straw strawman at astraw.com
Wed Jul 19 04:45:22 UTC 2006

Hi Brian,

Speaking only as a Ubuntu kernel patching newbie, I suggest reading
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelGitGuide , especially as it appears you're
using git. It sounds straightforward to apply the patches you mention to
the Dapper tree. Then use git-format-patch to create an email to the
kernel-team mailing list. If accepted, your patch will then be applied.
This method creates the least work for the maintainers.

Cheers!
Andrew