Kernel Package tweaking

Glauber de Oliveira Costa glommer at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 12:00:39 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I usually add some custom boot options to my kernels to tweak it for
my usage. However, everytime the kernel package is updated, I am
obbliged to open my menu.lst in order to add those options to the new
kernel (Obviously, this is not the hard part. The hard part is
remembering to do so). It is sometimes anoying, as after boot, the new
kernel not always works as I would expect.

It would be nice to be able to make these configurations survive
kernel upgrades  (By inspecting the old entries of menu.lst during
prerm, from a config file like /etc/kernel-bootup-params, from
/proc/cmdline, or something alike)

Thanks for your attention,

glommer
--
Free Software : Technology for a better world
jabber: glommer at jabber.org