linux-restricted-modules makefile

Matt Price matt.price at utoronto.ca
Sat Dec 23 16:04:29 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'm trying to modify debian/rules in the l-r-m package to let users
build l-r-m for their custom-built kernels.  The idea is to add a
"FLAVOURS" variable which can be passed on the command line thus:

FLAVOURS="ref-suspend2" fakeroot debian/rules binary

allowing users to build l-r-m even if they don't have the header files
for all of the standard kernel packages.

SO I've gotten to the point where this variable does get passed and lots
of files are installed to 2.6.20-1-ref-suspend2; but the actual .deb is
not built.  So I'm wondering whether I need to modify some other file to
make sure the deb is actually created.

The patch for debian/rules is attached.  There's a couple of irrelevant
changes (eg changing the abi_version) that have to do with the kernels I
have on hand to experiment with, but it should be obvious which bits are
relevant.

Thanks,

matt

--