r8169 network driver won't recognize u.s.robotics usr997902

Stefan Potyra daemon at poleboy.de
Mon Sep 12 12:00:11 UTC 2005

Hi,

the current ubuntu kernel won't recognize the NIC u.s.robotics usr997902,
which is due to a missing pci_device_id in r8169.c. I've attached a patch
against linux-source-2.6.12-8.12, which is really a one-liner ;)

Although the NIC comes with a shipped driver which works OOTB (at least on
2.6.11, that's where i tested it [debian/unstable]) it is quite a different
version of r8169 which didn't prove really stable.

This issue appears to be fixed in vanilla 2.6.13-rc1.

Maybe you want to consider putting this into linux-patch-ubuntu to get bigger
HW-compatibility for breezy... your choice ;)

Some references:
Debian bug:
	http://bugs.debian.org/311501
Where I found the patch in the first place:
	http://oss.sgi.com/archives/netdev/2005-04/msg00782.html

P.S.: I'm not on this list, if you need further info, please CC me.

Cheers and thanks for your good work,
	Stefan.