[Fwd: Re: [Suspend2-devel] Extent of suspend2 interactions with other kernel systems?]

Karl Hegbloom hegbloom at pdx.edu
Fri Nov 25 05:39:34 UTC 2005

FYI...  ;-)

There is a person on the Suspend2 development list (Bojan Smojver) who
is patching a Rawhide kernel 2.6.14-1.1709_FC5 kernel.  I don't know if
he's with the Fedora project or not.  He says that kernel is based on
2.6.15-rc2-git3.

Nigel Cunningham has been posting incremental patches lately, perhaps
intending to make it easier to maintain a kernel source containing the
patches?

I'm finding that the 'hibernate' script works better than the
'acpi-support' hibernate and sleep does.  My Athlon-64 workstation will
hibernate to RAM only with the 'hibernate' script; it fails with stock
'acpi-support' scripts.  I really think that Ubuntu should be using it.
It works with ACPI, the present swsusp, and with the Suspend2 patch.

Also see:

 http://wiki.suspend2.net/DistroAndHardwareSetup/Ubuntu_Breezy_Badger

 http://lists.suspend2.net/lurker/message/20051030.144541.02493640.en.html

 http://www.laclinux.com/~karlheg/experimental/suspend2/?F=0&C=N&O=A&V=1&P=*&X=Go

 Suspend2 User-UI for Usplash (in development):

  http://lists.suspend2.net/lurker/message/20051031.223703.7764eb56.en.html

--
Karl Hegbloom <hegbloom at pdx.edu>