error make linux-source-2.6.10

Olivier Ricou olivier at ricou.eu.org
Fri May 13 13:08:01 UTC 2005

Hi,

 I downloaded the kernel's sources :

 apt-get install linux-source-2.6.10

then I untar /usr/src/linux-source-2.6.10.tar.bz2
and copy the config file of my current kernel

cp /boot/config-2.6.10-5-686 .config

I run make and

  CC      drivers/acpi/ec.o
drivers/acpi/ec.c: In function `acpi_ec_gpe_query':
drivers/acpi/ec.c:519: error: label at end of compound statement
make[2]: *** [drivers/acpi/ec.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [drivers/acpi] Error 2
make: *** [drivers] Error 2

so I add a ; after the end: and it works, but I suggest that you
correct this bug (and remove any goto :)

                                      best regards,

                                           Olivier.

ps : I use the Hoary distribution (my gcc is gcc 3.4.4).