Pegasos support

Emanuel Steen kozz at pegasos.org
Thu Jun 30 21:10:17 UTC 2005

So... my first post to this list, hi everybody.

I just installed Ubuntu om my Pegasos II, a PowerPC computer. I was wondering
if there are any plans to support Pegasos in the next release of Ubuntu,
Breezy. Pegasos was for the first time supported in Linux 2.6.11, except the
gigabit ethernet. And from 2.6.12 the Pegasos is fully supported in the
kernel from kernel.org.

In the archive linux-image-2.6.12-3-powerpc I can only find a vmlinux image,
but that sort of image is not supported on Pegasos. You need the zImage.chrp
image to boot the computer. It would be raither simple to just make the
zImage and include it in the archive since no patches or anything is needed
from 2.6.12 and onwards.

Thanks

// Emanuel