Kernel Patch for VIA VT6410 IDE RAID CONTROLLER.

Chris Fazekas chris at fazekas.net
Sat Apr 23 23:26:09 UTC 2005

Hello all,

I'm brand new to this kernel team list.

Additionally I just signed up for the development list, but as this kernel
patch question is specific to the kernel I thought posting it to this list
would be benificial. :)

-

I recently purchased a Gigabyte 915P motherboard [GA-8I915P Duo (Pro)]
which has a one standard IDE connector (IDE1) and two other IDE connectors
using the VIA VT6410 IDE raid controller.  I have two optical devices
(DVD/DVDRW) and 4 IDE Drives.  Unfortunately the VIA VT6210 IDE raid
controller (patch) has not officially made its way into the Kernel.

For the kernel patch that adds the support to the via92cxx driver:

See: http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0502.0/1870.html

I am currenly trying this patch with the 2.6.10 kernel source (compiling
now actually).  Will test it once it compile completes.

I am wondering what the proper procedure is for trying to get this patch
added into future versions of the Ubuntu linux kernel?

Cheers,

-- Chris Fazekas