[Bug 602523] Re: update-initramfs failing after upgrade to Maverick
Launchpad Bug Tracker
602523 at bugs.launchpad.net
Wed Jul 7 12:45:14 UTC 2010
This bug was fixed in the package initramfs-tools - 0.97.2ubuntu1
initramfs-tools (0.97.2ubuntu1) maverick; urgency=low
* Resynchronise with Debian:
- Fix initramfs generation without COMPRESS set (LP: #602523, #602621).
- Use busybox-initramfs for Depends.
- Mount /dev with the default tmpfs size rather than sourcing udev.conf.
- Set takeover=1 in update-initramfs.
- Allow the mounting of a root filesystem as a loop device on top of a
host filesystem, used for Wubi installs.
- Add vfat support to the initramfs.
- Add 2>&1 to the run-init line.
- Add mountroot failure support, to allow meaningful messages when no
root device can be found.
- Panic if either the root device doesn't exist, or blkid cannot
identify it. Allows for mountroot failure hooks for md devices to be
- Ignore blacklist for forced vga= usage.
- Loop for 5 seconds waiting for $suspend to show up, adjustable with
the resumedelay= command-line arg.
- Allow for alternative PREREQS to be specified using | as the
- Support loading compcache from the initramfs.
- Remove klibc utilities if busybox is in use.
- Revert "framebuffer: Let udev create fb devices." udev isn't started
at this point and therefore can't create framebuffer devices.
- Create /dev/mem and /dev/zero if video=uvesafb.
- Add hid_* modules, since some keyboards will not be usable at the
initramfs/busybox prompt without them.
- Replace all instances of vol_id with blkid, and depend on util-linux.
- Use gzip from busybox instead of klibc. Depend on busybox-initramfs
(>= 1:1.13.3-1ubuntu5) to ensure that we have it.
- Remove bnx2 from the initramfs; it needs firmware, and at this stage
we only support network modules that don't need firmware loading.
- update-initramfs: check whether kernel-img.conf exists and
postinst_hook is set before calling flash-kernel.
- Don't display "Loading, please wait..." message when 'quiet' is in
- Allow scripts and hooks to specify OPTION=VAR, and unless VAR is set
to something other than "n", the script will not be included.
- Restore the framebuffer hook and script, copying KMS and other
framebuffer drivers into the initramfs, but make them optional; you
need to set FRAMEBUFFER=y for these to be included.
- Silence /bin/resume output when trying to resume.
- Depend on a sufficient version of udev to load fbcon.
- Conflict with older versions of usplash.
- Don't load keymaps unless we're loading a framebuffer; but set the
keymap before giving a root shell.
- Add new initramfs-tools-bin package containing a binary that uses
libudev to wait for udev to create the udev device, or wait for udev
to finish processing if we catch it in the act, and returns the
filesystem type as already probed by udev. Use it while mounting
local root filesystems and while resuming.
- Add hwaddr= alias for BOOTIF= for compatibility.
- Allow specifying multiple break points using a comma delimiter.
- Automatically blacklist vga16fb when vga= or video= specified on
- Call 'plymouth message' before resuming, to notify the user of the
reason for the delay if the plymouth theme supports it.
- Add a new 'fixrtc' script that tries to set the system clock forward
based on the last mount time of the root disk; without this kludge,
systems without a working RTC will end up in a perpetual reboot loop.
- Drop hooks/keymap and associated code; console-setup takes care of
this in Ubuntu.
initramfs-tools (0.97.2) unstable; urgency=high
* [ce732c3] initramfs-tools: output name of script that errexits.
initramfs-tools (0.97.1) unstable; urgency=high
* [90d99e4] mkinitramfs: Fix initramfs generation without COMPRESS set.
(Closes: 587608) - thanks Valentin QUEQUET <valentin.quequet at orange.fr>
-- Colin Watson <cjwatson at ubuntu.com> Wed, 07 Jul 2010 13:35:54 +0100
** Changed in: initramfs-tools (Ubuntu)
Status: New => Fix Released
update-initramfs failing after upgrade to Maverick
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Kernel
Bugs, which is subscribed to initramfs-tools in ubuntu.
More information about the kernel-bugs