[Bug 449394] Re: Huawei E220 modem unable to connect under Karmic
murariu.adrian at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 07:44:13 UTC 2009
Until kernel team and Huawei engineer will decide what to do next, this
is how you upgrade the E220 :
- it is highly recommended to work on a notebook or a PC with UPS, to be protected from power failure or you may loose your E220 dongle
- on a Windows based machine, download archive from http://www.maxis.com.my/maxisbb/download/E220SoftwareUpgrade.zip
- unpack ZIP file in a separate directory, like c:/tmp/E220
- plug-in E220 and wait about 1 minute
- close any software that may autorun when E220 is plugged
- start the exe file with Firmware inside the name and follow on-screen instructions - upgrade will take several minutes, be patient
- start the exe file with Dasboard in its name and follow on-screen instructions up to end of upgrade window
- unplug your E220
- this is how I did it on a XP Windows!
It may happen that deviation could appear , based on Windows you have
installed. You have to deal with this by yourself .
Huawei E220 modem unable to connect under Karmic
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Kernel
Bugs, which is subscribed to Linux.
More information about the kernel-bugs