[Bug 37288] Re: Bluetooth not discovered on Dell Inspiron 9400
viktor.radnai at gmail.com
Sat Nov 8 12:29:56 UTC 2008
The 184.108.40.206 kernel from kernel.org does not resolve this bug.
Test system: Dell D820
1. installed XP into the full version of Virtualbox,
2. enabled Virtualbox to access the /proc/bus/usb virtual file system (remounted with devgid= the group id of vboxusers group)
3. removed the usbhid module to allow virtualbox to pick up the device instead (modprobe -r usbhid)
4. downloaded and installed the Vista to XP firmware downgrade tool from http://support.us.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&releaseid=R157674&formatcnt=1&libid=0&fileid=210380
5. suspended the virtual XP image.
lsusb output before:
Bus 001 Device 005: ID 413c:8105 Dell Computer Corp. U2 in HID - Driver
Bus 001 Device 008: ID 413c:8103 Dell Computer Corp. Wireless 350 Bluetooth
Note: the DFU tool that comes with the original download link in the bug
description seems broken. It claims that "resource dll is missing" and
aborts. The link in step 4 above works fine.
Bluetooth not discovered on Dell Inspiron 9400
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Kernel
Bugs, which is a direct subscriber.
More information about the kernel-bugs