[Bug 290885] Re: SRU: Backport of Boot Degraded RAID functionality from Intrepid to Hardy
martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Thu Nov 6 08:15:32 UTC 2008
- patch changes previous changelog, and misses bug number
- add_mountroot_fail_hook(): Changes behaviour of function. Please keep original function and add a add_mountroot_fail_hook_d() or so.
- panic(): Why the chvt 1? Boot messages are usually on VT8, and this changes behaviour of an existing function.
- panic(): Removes calling failure hooks without adding a call to the new try_failure_hooks(). Looks fishy and changes existing behaviour.
- try_failure_hooks(): Unlike the code removed from panic(), this doesn't check if /tmp/mountroot-fail-hooks.d/ actually exists. Thus the script isn't "set -e" safe any more. Are any scripts in initramfs-tools relying on that and using set -e?
- try_failure_hooks(): Why stop usplash? Shouldn't code just use usplash_write to output text? (This is just a nitpick, and I'm okay with doing it that way)
** Changed in: initramfs-tools (Ubuntu)
Assignee: Dustin Kirkland (kirkland) => (unassigned)
Status: In Progress => Fix Released
Target: ubuntu-8.04.2 => None
** Changed in: initramfs-tools (Ubuntu Hardy)
Importance: Undecided => Wishlist
Assignee: (unassigned) => Dustin Kirkland (kirkland)
Status: New => Incomplete
Target: None => ubuntu-8.04.2
SRU: Backport of Boot Degraded RAID functionality from Intrepid to Hardy
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Kernel
Bugs, which is subscribed to initramfs-tools in ubuntu.
More information about the kernel-bugs