[Bug 149665] Re: when returning from suspend my laptop tries to hibernate
gaston72 at free.fr
Sun Jun 8 16:07:54 UTC 2008
My laptop runs under Gutsy :
1. With the kernel 2.6.22-14-generic :
- resume from suspend failled : depending on package and option resume failled or computer goes to hibernation.
- hibernation worked some times, but not really stable
2. With the kernel 2.6.24-16-generic (not a fresh install of Hardy, only kernel installation over Gutsy) :
- suspend/resume works fine if I don't wait too much before to wake up.
BUT after a long sleep time (I have to test futher how much, maybe only a few minutes?...), the system doesn't resume correctly : instead of resuming it goes into hibernation...
when I it wake up (using power button), everything resume as for hibernation (ok, but without wifi), except that there is no window asking me the password (the gnome session open directly...) and there is also a message window like "sleep failled".
- hibernation/resume work fine, except the wifi connexion, which doesn't come back on resume.
So nothing really new : as mentioned it in a previous post, it's
certainly a bug in gnome-power-manager : changing kernel fixes the
suspend/resume problem, but not this resume->hibernation problem.
Can I do anything to fix it ?
Is it possible :
- to simply modify some settings ?
- to update only gnome-power-manager ?
let me know if I can do anything to further report.
when returning from suspend my laptop tries to hibernate
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Kernel
Bugs, which is subscribed to Linux.
More information about the kernel-bugs