[Bug 185380] Re: Updating cryptsetup fails
siretart at tauware.de
Wed Feb 27 15:09:21 UTC 2008
could you please attach your /etc/crypttab file that causes this problem
to this bug?
** Summary changed:
- Updating cryptsetup fails
+ Cryptsetup doesn't support comments in lines not starting with an #.
** Description changed:
Binary package hint: cryptsetup
- My system is running ubuntu 7.10 with an encrypted root partition using
- The issue is that I am trying to update the cryptsetup package to
- cryptsetup 2:1.0.5-2ubuntu2.1, APT hangs at with the following message:
- "update-initramfs: deferring update (trigger activated)".
+ The documentation says: "Lines starting with "#" are comments, empty
+ lines are ignored.". It doesn't cover the case with lines containing
+ both filesystem information and comments. In fact, the maintainer
+ scripts don't support this case at all.
** Changed in: cryptsetup (Ubuntu)
Importance: Undecided => Low
Status: Incomplete => Triaged
Cryptsetup doesn't support comments in lines not starting with an #.
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Kernel
Bugs, which is subscribed to initramfs-tools in ubuntu.
More information about the kernel-bugs