[Bug 19749] Re: SATA HDD not recognized during Breezy Colony 4 install or Dapper Flight 3 or Edgy Eft or Feisty Fawn
perlsite at mail.bg
Fri Nov 9 18:24:55 UTC 2007
Ok, here is my workaround:
1. Download Alternative CD or complete DVD image
2. Chose text install -> press F6 and add (space separated) new option:
3. Install (K)ubuntu as usual (in text mode).
Note: above command will add ata_piix module in
(/target)/etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.local which means that after
installation ata_piix will continue to be NOT loaded (blacklisted).
4. After installation, be good and add ata_piix at the end of
/etc/modules on a single line, so this module will be loaded after the
5. Fix /etc/fstab to use /dev/scd0 instead of /dev/hda
Normally ata_piix (on my machine) handle CD/DVD drive as /dev/scd0, but while installation and because ata_piix was blacklisted CDROM drive was auto detected as /dev/hda, so in order /media/cdrom to become available just fix fstab as I've noted.
SATA HDD not recognized during Breezy Colony 4 install or Dapper Flight 3 or Edgy Eft or Feisty Fawn
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Kernel
Bugs, which is a bug contact for linux-source-2.6.15 in ubuntu.
More information about the kernel-bugs