[Bug 134043] Kernel fails to boot on EFI and Xeon Xserve
a.j.delaney at brighton.ac.uk
Wed Aug 22 13:33:02 UTC 2007
Public bug reported:
Binary package hint: linux-image-amd64-server
Steps to reproduce:
1) Create an EFI bootable thumbdrive using elilo in Gutsy
2) Copy over kernel 2.6.10 server version
3) Optionally copy over the initrd (boot process should give nice error messages if no useful modules are present)
4) Configure elilo to boot the kernel
5) Insert thumbdrive into Xserve, and boot from it
The kernel is unzipped and loaded. Any initrd present is also loaded. The boot process then hangs. Whatever happens between the loading of the initrd and the execution of init seems to simply not happen.
append="video=vga gpt libata.atapi_enabled=1 acpi=force irqpoll"
The values in append are suggested by exising elilo.conf files for
MacBook and IMacs. I've also tried with no parameters appended to the
** Affects: linux-meta (Ubuntu)
Kernel fails to boot on EFI and Xeon Xserve
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Kernel
Bugs, which is a bug contact for linux-meta in ubuntu.
More information about the kernel-bugs