[Bug 39315] Re: Keyboard random repeat and dropped key presses
tusi at mora.u-szeged.hu
Thu Sep 28 12:09:16 UTC 2006
On the IBM Bios Update site i've found the changelog regarding this
Version 1YET62WW (1.27)
Note: This BIOS version will only work with Embedded Controller Program
Version 1.06 (or higher).
* Previously released BIOS version 1YET60WW, 1YET61WW and Embedded
Controller 1.05 combination may cause a spontaneous wrong key
input when you key input with an external PS/2 type keyboard.
* Numeric characters (2, 4, 6 and 8) will be inserted
internittently during cursor move with cursor keys.
* A keyboard behaves as if shift key depressed until a
shift key is pressed.
* You can only type only Uppercase characters.
(Some keys seem to keystrokes, because the shift
cases are not defined)
* Multiple selection with cursor keys
* Numeric keypad will turn to cursor keys
If you encounter these cases, please update the Embedded
Controller to 1.06 (1YHT29WW).
So I suggest to all a BIOS-update, where it's possible.
It seems that the problem is solved by me now...
Keyboard random repeat and dropped key presses
More information about the kernel-bugs