[Bug 43961] Re: Power down after shutdown does not work...
biercenator at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 01:49:40 UTC 2006
Further to my two previous posts about this, in its current
configuration, my home system *seems* to be cutting the power
reliably, *so* *far*. Here is a description of some items that might
1. Linux kernel 126.96.36.199
2. ACPI support enabled in the kernel
3. APM support *not* enabled
4. Using "acpi=force lapic" in the boot line
5. Shutting down with "init 0"
6. In /etc/init.d/halt, removed the "-d" and "-i" options from the halt
I am not yet confident that shutdown is completely reliable,
although it is definitely *more* reliable than previously. If I have
a definite power-on hang again, I will report back to this thread.
Power down after shutdown does not work...
More information about the kernel-bugs