How do you clean a juju disk or make it larger?

Paul Gear paul.gear at canonical.com
Tue Jun 12 05:12:59 UTC 2018

On 11/06/18 01:47, Daniel Bidwell wrote:
> My juju controllers appear to be defaulting to a 10GB root disk. I am
> running out of disk space on the controller. I have 6.7GB in
> /var/lib/juju/db. Is there a way to reduce the disk usage on this?

I think perhaps this is worth logging as a wishlist bug. A long-running
production juju controller should never be deployed with a disk that
small (our largest production cluster is already a little uncomfortable
with 50 GB), and juju doesn't really distinguish between "this is a CI
controller that's only going to be up long enough to run my test suite"
and "this is going to run all of my production OpenStack VMs for the
next year". It would be nice if you could tell it "size the controller
for N live models".

> If not, can I make the root disk larger? What are my options?

That all depends on your underlying cloud infrastructure.  I believe
some providers (e.g. GCE) make this really easy.

> I have already cleared out kernel updates.

Not directly related to juju controller sizing, but relevant to the
above: I've been working on a little tool that handles many of the
common scenarios we encounter, including kernel updates and other tools
you may or may not use.  It's alpha quality; feedback & patches
gratefully accepted:

https://code.launchpad.net/~paulgear/+git/cleanup

--
Regards,