We are pulling he 2.3.6 agents

Adam Israel adam.israel at canonical.com
Mon Apr 23 14:06:55 UTC 2018

Hi all,

What wasn't clear to me from the email is that, with 2.3.6 pulled, we're
unable to bootstrap new controllers without providing an alternate
agent-stream, i.e., --agent-stream=proposed.

In future cases like this, is it feasible to roll back the snap to the
previous version, so new installs work as expected?

On Sun, Apr 22, 2018 at 11:43 PM Tim Penhey <tim.penhey at canonical.com>
wrote:

> Hey people,
>
> We have field reports where a 2.3.6 upgrade interacted badly with some
> charm settings causing Juju to get itself into a stuck, somewhat corrupt
> state. We are still evaluating how to fix this for stuck systems.
>
> The symptom is the 2.3.6 upgrade fails and gets stuck.
>
> The agents are being removed from streams to stop people accidentally
> upgrading to a broken version, even though this breakage doesn't impact
> everyone.
>
> We are also looking into the continuous integration tests around our
> upgrades for extra testing to catch other issues like this one.
>
> We will be releasing 2.3.7 shortly to address this isue.
>
> Thanks for your patience.
> Tim

Adam Israel, Software Engineer
Canonical // Cloud DevOps // Juju // Ecosystem