ceilometer charm 17.08

Dmitrii Shcherbakov dmitrii.shcherbakov at canonical.com
Mon Sep 25 21:44:12 UTC 2017

Giuseppe,

The bug is still there
https://bugs.launchpad.net/charm-ceilometer/+bug/1717337

So if you have a missing database relation, this is expected until there
will be a workaround in-place.

ceilometer-ba1-cl2/5*   blocked   idle   5/lxd/25  90.147.161.27   8777/tcp
 Missing relations: database

Meanwhile, you can remove 'mongodb' from here:
https://github.com/openstack/charm-ceilometer/blob/stable/17.08/lib/ceilometer_utils.py#L104-L105
'database': ['mongodb'],

So it will be as follows (don't delete it entirely due to
https://github.com/openstack/charm-ceilometer/blob/stable/17.08/lib/ceilometer_utils.py#L379-L380
):

'database': [''],

Then go through
https://jujucharms.com/docs/stable/authors-charm-store#log-in-to-the-store

and do

charm push <ceilometer-charm-src-dir> cs:~<lp-username>/ceilometer
charm grant '~<lp-username>/ceilometer' --channel stable --acl read --set
everyone
charm release cs:~<lp-username>/ceilometer-<n>

And then

juju upgrade-charm <app-name> --switch cs:~<lp-username>/ceilometer-<n>

This should give you a temporary workaround for having to relate to mongodb
if you are running Pike.

You can then upgrade with --switch when a bug is fixed and backported.

Best Regards,
Dmitrii Shcherbakov

Field Software Engineer
IRC (freenode): Dmitrii-Sh