How to use the same controller from multiple devices on JaaS?

Rick Harding rick.harding at canonical.com
Wed Sep 13 17:28:26 UTC 2017

JAAS is definitely great because it's basing everything off the single
login in JAAS and you can juju login jaas to reconnect from another machine
and pick up where you left off.

What I've found handy is that if I bootstrap my own controller is to add a
user for the other machines. I use juju add-user and then email myself the
register command. From the second machine I run the register command and
now I'm able to work against the controller.

The docs on adding a user are here:
https://jujucharms.com/docs/stable/users

What's happening is that when you bootstrap a cached file about the
controller with it's IP address and other details is stored on your file
system. When you go to the second computer it doesn't know any of those
details so you have to inform it. Using the second user automates that
process for you. I'm sure there's other methods you could use to sync
things up as well.

Hope that helps.

Rick