juju gui login through token instead of user name and pass ?

alex barchiesi alex.barchiesi at garr.it
Wed Sep 13 13:53:10 UTC 2017

Dear all,
we are trying at GARR to setup a page to give access through a SAML proxy.
This would ideally map a SAML user to a juju user and login into the GUI
without the need for the user to know a password.
I wonder if the GUI allows a way to access through API o anything that
could help accomplishing the fore-mentioned task.

Also I was taking a look into https://jujucharms.com/
juju-gui/142#charm-config-login-help
juju gui server charm and noticed at the chapter: The Juju GUI server

I quote for convenience: "
*It allows for logging in into the GUI via a timed token. This is used,
forinstance, by Juju Quickstart to allow automatic user's authentication."*
so I wonder what a timed toked is and how to generate one.

thanks in advance

Dr. Alex Barchiesi
Senior cloud architect
Art -Science relationships responsible

GARR CSD department

Rome GARR: +39 06 4962 2302 <06%204962%202302>
Lausanne EPFL: +41 (0) 774215266 <+41%2077%20421%2052%2066>

linkedin: alex barchiesi
<http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=111538190&goback=%2Enmp_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1&trk=spm_pic>