Charm layer index now on GitHub

Cory Johns cory.johns at canonical.com
Fri Sep 8 18:39:37 UTC 2017

Greetings,

Today we migrated the index of base and interface layers used to build
charms over to the GitHub repository https://github.com/juju/layer-index.
Hosting the index in GitHub provides better discoverability for layers, a
better workflow for contributing layers, including more accountability for
changes, and both more flexibility and more visibility with community
contributions.  It also reduces our maintenance overhead and removes a
point of failure.

The change should be seamless to the build process, and the existing
http://interfaces.juju.solutions/ site now redirects to the new repo.  An
updated charm-build command is now in the edge channel which points
directly to the new index, and the old site will eventually be taken down
once that reaches the stable channel and some time has passed.

I’m now happy to say, PRs welcome!