Nagios - Additional Contacts via Juju

Lee Harrison Lee.Harrison at fasthosts.com
Wed Oct 18 08:20:45 UTC 2017

Hi,

I am running nagios revision 21 to monitor my OpenStack deployment and want to extend the defined contacts and groups, but doesn't appear to be a way via Juju?

The 'admin_email' section in juju config is a string so I create a file with my additional contacts defined and ran 'juju config nagios admin_email=@nagios_contacts' and it did add it to the juju config ok and updated the '/etc/nagios3/conf.d/contacts_nagios2.cfg' file with the contact details. The Nagios service then failed to restart and investigating I found that juju also updated the '/etc/nagios3/nagios.cfg' with the additional contact in the same section as the admin_email and admin_pager entries so the service failed to parse that cfg file.

After testing I know adding additional contact details to the '/etc/nagios3/conf.d/contacts_nagios2.cfg' file works fine but then if the jujud service ever gets restarted then Juju will remove the additional contacts (to replace with whatever is shown from juju config Nagios admin_email).

Question:
How do I create additional contacts, and for that matter groups, in Nagios via Juju?

Thanks,

Lee