What is the best way to work with multiple models in a controller using the cli?

Ian Booth ian.booth at canonical.com
Thu Oct 5 07:52:30 UTC 2017

Hey

The -m argument is what you want. It accepts wither just a model name or a
controller:model for when you have multiple controllers. eg

$ juju status -m prod
$ juju status -m ctrl:prod

The first command above works on the prod model on the current controller. The
second selects a specific controller regardless of the current one. The second
way is the safest unless you really are only using one controller.

Also, you can set the JUJU_MODEL env var. That's useful for when you open
different terminal windows and want to work on a different model in each window
without using -m each time.