Juju bootstrap fails

Deepa K R deepa.kr at fingent.com
Tue Nov 28 05:34:19 UTC 2017

Hello Team

  I am trying to bootstrap a VM machine in order to deploy Openstack cloud
and it hangs as below

maasadmin at FGSUSSUMAAS01:~$ juju bootstrap stagingmaas

Creating Juju controller "stagingmaas" on stagingmaas

Looking for packaged Juju agent version 2.2.6 for amd64

Launching controller instance(s) on stagingmaas...

- qrdf8y (arch=amd64 mem=10G cores=10)

Fetching Juju GUI 2.10.2

Waiting for address

Attempting to connect to 10.x.0.10:22  <<<<<<<<<<<

maasadmin at FGSUSSUMAAS01:~/openstack-stg$ juju --version

2.2.6-xenial-amd64

Is there any way to fix this out .

Also please note if I use below details in bootstrap.config file ,boot strap
succeeds. 10.139.0.50 is the private IP of maas server  .

default-series: xenial

no-proxy: localhost

http-proxy: http://10.x.0.50:8000

https-proxy: http://10.x.0.50:8000

ftp-proxy: http://10.x.0.50:8000

If I use public IP of maas server in config file ,bootstrap fails

As you see 10.x.0.50 is the private IP of maas server and Openstack
deployment fails with

Machine  State    DNS          Inst id  Series  AZ       Message

0        down     10.x.0.17  4rc3n3   xenial  default  Failed deployment:
Power state queried: on

0/lxd/0  pending               pending  xenial

0/lxd/1  pending               pending  xenial

0/lxd/2  pending               pending  xenial

0/lxd/3  pending               pending  xenial

0/lxd/4  pending               pending  xenial

1        down     10.x.0.18  gst3at   xenial  default  Failed deployment:
Power state queried: on

1/lxd/0  pending               pending  xenial

1/lxd/1  pending               pending  xenial

1/lxd/2  pending               pending  xenial

1/lxd/3  pending               pending  xenial

2        down     10.x.0.19  s8pct4   xenial  default  Failed deployment:
Power state queried: on

3        down     10.x.0.20  7nrsab   xenial  default  Failed deployment:
Power state queried: on

4        down     10.x.0.21  7pqsdy   xenial  default  Failed deployment:
Power state queried: on

Please see the attachment also .

So in order to get deployment going I need bootstrap issue to get resolve .

Kindly suggest

Regards,

Deepa K R