How to open port with juju when no application is instlaled?

Akshat Jiwan Sharma akshatjiwan at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 17:54:50 UTC 2017

Hi,

I've used juju to deploy postgres on aws. On the same machine I've
installed an nginx server manually (i.e without juju) that listens on ports
80 and 443. I want both of these ports to be open but juju command
open-port only works when an application is exposed.

*open-portopen-port registers a port or range to open on the
public-interface. On public clouds the port will only be open while the
application is exposed.*

Now according to juju I only have one application (postgres) on my machine,
that I don't want exposed anyway. However I do want ports 80 and 443 to be
accessible  publicly. Is adding a policy to aws manually my only option
here?

Thanks,

Akshat