Serverless Model Type

Mark Shuttleworth mark at ubuntu.com
Fri Nov 17 06:19:20 UTC 2017

Yes, this is a very natural evolution for Juju. I think the concept of
'scale' is fundamentally different in serverless environments or models,
but many of the other concepts in Juju map neatly and we can plan to get
there. I also think that the different serverless implementations are
much less consistent with one another than, say, different approaches to
the orchestration of docker containers. That means that we're probably
better of waiting a while till the serverless world shakes out further,
while continuing to strengthen the underlying concepts in Juju in the
realm of machines and containers.

Mark