Juju patents

fengxia fxia1 at lenovo.com
Tue Nov 14 17:20:07 UTC 2017

I'm having difficulty understanding these patents.

Descriptions and diagrams are generic, with many "..." etc type of
notions, "chef, puppet, juju, ...". Doesn't it make this open-ended,
thus can include just about anything it wants?

Also, modeling a component then using them to form a service is a broad
,general description. When it says topology, does it confine itself to
**network topology**? cause the word "topology" can also be extended to
anything that has a link/connection/relation. As long as the thing
doesn't stand alone and work only by itself, it's part of some sort of
topology, isn't it?

Anyone could chip in how to read and interpret these patents here? what
could be the hypothetical impact on Juju and charms?

--
Feng Xia

Advisory Engineer
Datacenter Group (DCG), Lenovo US
8000 Development Dr, Morrisiville, NC 27509
W: http://www.lenovo.com