Build charm for Python2 and CentOS

fengxia fxia1 at lenovo.com
Sun May 28 05:51:14 UTC 2017

Juju,

I have created a wiki on how to build charm that is Python2 compatible.
In our case, we want to deploy charms to CentOS7, and default charm
build has built-in assumption to use Python3 and Ubuntu.

https://github.com/lenovo/workload-solution/wiki/python2-charm

The method requires modifications to layer-basic, charmhelpers,
charms.reactive and hook.template. If you are working with CentOS and
want to use juju charms, hopefully this method will get you going.

Juju, will you be interested in adding such Python2 compatibility to
standard libs and hooks?

--
Feng xia
Engineer

Phone: 5088011794
fxia1 at lenovo.com

Lenovo.com
Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Blogs | Forums