Migrating charmhelpers to github

Alex Kavanagh alex.kavanagh at canonical.com
Thu May 25 13:13:58 UTC 2017

Hi James

I'm a big +1 to this idea, but with one tiny reservation:  I have a rather
large merge-proposal regarding a refactor of the hosts + ports fetch bug +
refactor of the fetch code. It would be nice to get that in first (but
that's purely personal!)

However, we'll lose the history of the project if/when it is moved; can the
existing project be 'closed' to new commits, but kept available for history?

Cheers
Alex.

On Thu, May 25, 2017 at 1:57 PM, James Page <james.page at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Hi Charmers
>
> There has been a bubbling undercurrent of desire to move charmhelpers code
> hosting out of bazaar on Launchpad to git on github,com alongside other
> charm ecosystem development tooling.
>
> I'd like to get the code migrated over ASAP and then we can start enabling
> automatic PR testing and suchlike which we lack in LP at the moment.
>
> Anyone got any objections?
>
> This will of course impact anyone currently syncing charmhelpers into
> their charm, but that's not a hard problem to solve.
>
> Cheers
>
> James

Alex Kavanagh - Software Engineer
Cloud Dev Ops - Solutions & Product Engineering - Canonical Ltd