PROPOSAL: stop recording 'executing update-status hook'

Merlijn Sebrechts merlijn.sebrechts at gmail.com
Sat May 20 07:48:13 UTC 2017

On May 20, 2017 09:05, "John Meinel" <john at arbash-meinel.com> wrote:

I would actually prefer if it shows up in 'juju status' but that we
suppress it from 'juju status-log' by default.

This is still very strange behavior. Why should this be default? Just pipe
the output of juju status through grep and exclude update-status if that is
really what you want.

However, I would even argue that this isn't what you want in most
use-cases.  "update-status" isn't seen as a special hook in
charms.reactive. Anything can happen in that hook if the conditions are
right. Ignoring update-status will have unforeseen consequences...

(*possibly* we could show it with a flag, but I'm not sure that it is worth
tracking or not.)

John
=:->

mailman/listinfo/juju-dev