openstack-telemetry blocked: memcached requires ipv6

Patrizio Bassi patrizio.bassi at gmail.com
Wed May 3 07:25:09 UTC 2017

Hi all,

in MAAS i added ipv6.disable = 1 to cmd line params for my machines and
this makes all ceilometer-agent/XXX units to be stuck as blocked due to
"Services not running that should be: memcached"

Logging in a machine i see:
May 03 15:08:22 juju-e46e9f-1-lxd-4 systemd-memcached-wrapper[29361]:
failed to listen on TCP port 11211: Address family not supported by protocol

is it mandatory or can we have a config in the charm to disable ipv6?

Patrizio