Giving everyone a little data science, Juju and Zeppelin

Rick Harding rick.harding at canonical.com
Thu Mar 30 22:22:43 UTC 2017

I wanted to point folks at something kind of fun. I was recently playing
with some data that I wanted to visualize and, after talking with folks, I
was pointed over to Zeppelin which is one of the big data charms. My data
wasn't big, and I wasn't using Hadoop. I only had some stuff in sqlite that
I wanted to query and give folks the ability to write their own queries.

It turns out that Zeppelin works with SQL based data (Postgres, MySQL, and
SQLite). So while I'm not playing with Hadoop it was awesome to learn about
cool ways to leverage existing charms to get things done fast. At a recent
sprint it took me less than a day to get a dashboard up and share it with
others.

Check out the blog post and I'd love to hear about other charms and tools
that are really useful outside of the normal field you associate it with.

http://mitechie.com/blog/2017/3/29/giving-everyone-a-little-data-science

Rick Harding
@mitechie