Clarifying the concept of bindings in charms

Sandor Zeestraten zandor.z at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 21:35:11 UTC 2017

Hi all,

The new network requirements in Juju 2.1.x where operators must explicitly
specifying which bindings to use are confusing me a bit.

Just to clarify, where do I find which bindings/endpoints are available for
each charm?
The charm store does not seem to display these without looking in the
metadata.yaml file.
I've created https://github.com/CanonicalLtd/jujucharms.com/issues/402 to
track this.

The metadata page has a section (
https://jujucharms.com/docs/stable/authors-charm-metadata#extra-bindings)
on extra-bindings which I thought was supposed to specify the bindings that
are available.
However I've also seen some references to using the fields in the provider
section of the metadata file.

What am I missing? Is one preferred over the other?

--
Sandor Zeestraten