docker -> lxdbr0

James Beedy jamesbeedy at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 02:16:31 UTC 2017

On integrating docker and lxd deployed apps ...

My charm includes layer-docker, and exposes a simple api wrapping docker-py
to allow the charm to login to dockerhub, pull and run docker images, and a
few other standard docker ops. My dockerized apps talk to elasticsearch,
mysql, and redis, all of which get deployed via Juju in production, but the
developer envs don't have an easy time getting the whole bunch up on their
laptops due to some lxd <-> docker integration. Today, I thought to deploy
the mysql, elasticsearch, and redis to lxd aside the docker containers on
the same host for local development - I was hitting a bump in the road
getting the docker containers to talk to the lxd, so I looked into how to
set the default docker bridge, and came up with this
https://gist.github.com/jamesbeedy/39829a14fdc64583dfda4a6be1812aea

~James