is Hdp bundle still maintained/supported?

Patrizio Bassi patrizio.bassi at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 12:01:44 UTC 2017

Dear Samuel

i deployed the hadoop-processing bundle successfully.
I had some troubles because openstack instances didn't get the dns
entry so hadoop-hdfs-namenode/datanode
could not resolve their own addresses first, then the peers'.

I did a fast hack just manually adding the entries in /etc/hosts while
waiting for Designate service to be deployed and active.

It would be great if you could add in the documentation the dns need.

This said, i run the smoke tests and they all failed. HDFS storage is
reported working instead.
I'm totally newbie in hadoop clusters so i didn't start investigation, but
i wanted to report in case you may check on your local working copy and
verify it's fine upstream.

Thank you

Patrizio