How to count relations?

Alex Kavanagh alex.kavanagh at canonical.com
Wed Jun 7 15:38:30 UTC 2017

Hi

I'm assuming you are using charms.reactive; if not then look into
relation_ids command.

In your interface, count the number of conversations that have a scope set
to something other than None.  scope shouldn't be None, but I've had cases
where it has been (it may have been a bug):

So in the provider.py RelationBase derived class, something along the lines
of:

num = len([c for c in self.conversations() if c.scope])

in a method would be a relatively simple way of doing it.

(There may be better ways of doing this!)

Cheers
Alex.

On Wed, Jun 7, 2017 at 4:22 PM, fengxia <fxia1 at lenovo.com> wrote:

> Hi Juju,
>
> I'm building two charms and linking them with one relation, one charm
> ("A") will provide and the other ("B") will require.
>
> The deployment will have one "A" and three "B"s. How do I know all three
> Bs have joined? I'm thinking to use a counter in A's relation, then at
> relation-joined hook by B to add this counter. But set_remote() and
> set_local() didn't work. Not sure what's the right way to achieve this?
>

> --
> Feng xia
> Engineer
> Lenovo USA
>
> Phone: 5088011794
> fxia1 at lenovo.com
>
> Lenovo.com
> Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Blogs | Forums
> 9

Alex Kavanagh - Software Engineer
Cloud Dev Ops - Solutions & Product Engineering - Canonical Ltd