CephFS Backend for Hadoop

Mark Shuttleworth mark at ubuntu.com
Wed Jul 26 07:17:32 UTC 2017

On 26/07/17 07:14, Patrizio Bassi wrote:
> Deploying hadoop via juju in an openstack tenant requires a separate
> model (as far as i could design it).
> So we may use the new juju 2.2 cross model relation to relate the
> hadoop charms to the openstack ceph units.
>
> does it sound feasible?

Yes, that sounds feasible. I'm not sure how Ceph identity / permissions
will work in that case (i.e. who has access to which data, how Ceph will
correlate tenants in OpenStack both through Cinder and through a direct
relationship). In principle though, as long as the networking is
arranged so that IP addresses and routes enable traffic to flow between
your tenant network and your Ceph network, and as long as both sets of
machines can see the Juju controller, they can exchange messages and
traffic.

Mark