Using Deb Proxy to cache Debs to minimize time starting-up machines and its installation scripts

Menno Smits menno.smits at canonical.com
Wed Jul 5 22:13:27 UTC 2017

Hi Naz,

I use squid-deb-proxy to speed up deployments and it works well. If you're
using the lxd provider install the proxy on the host machine so that all
controllers and models benefit from the packages cached during previous
deployments.

Ensure that squid-deb-proxy is configured to listen on the address of the
lxdbr0 bridge and remember to tell your Juju controllers and models to use
the proxy via the apt-http-proxy option. There's more detail on setting
this up here:  https://github.com/juju/juju/wiki/Faster-LXD . There a
suggestion at the bottom of the page for defining a custom cloud type which
includes the options for speeding up test/development deployments. That
might be a good starting point for you.

Regards,
Menno