charms.reactive leadership team

Cory Johns cory.johns at canonical.com
Tue Jan 31 15:15:10 UTC 2017

The reactive framework has seen widespread adoption in the charming
community and on the whole the response to it has been very positive.
Unfortunately, due to the small size of the original leadership team and
other obligations that we've had, development on the framework has not kept
up with adoption.

To address this, and to encourage more participation from the community as
a whole, I have expanded the leadership team for the framework to include
myself (cory_fu), Merlijn Sebrechts (galgalesh), Stuart Bishop (stub), Alex
Kavanagh (tinwood) , and Tim Van Steenburgh  (tvansteenburgh).  Our goal is
to represent the various aspects of the community using the framework,
providing both a coherent, thoughtful design and vision, as well as a main
point of contact for questions, concerns, ideas, etc. that anyone may have
regarding the framework.  We want to work together to encourage more
participation from the community as a whole.

We had a very productive initial meeting today, where we discussed
outstanding issues and pending proposals to the framework, as well as the
direction we want to look for the next major release of the framework.
Discussion will continue at the Juju Charmer's Summit next week in Ghent,
and we will continue to have regular meetings to ensure that progress on
the framework moves forward.

Please feel free to reach out to any of us.  We cover pretty much every
time zone, and are all happy to help regarding the framework.