Default Model SG Rules

Samuel Cozannet samuel.cozannet at canonical.com
Fri Jan 27 17:45:13 UTC 2017

I am having similar questions / requests from other users, so +1 from me
(actually +3). Plus I like the sshallownes of ssh-allow.

Another request I have heard is get the ability to associate an IAM role
attached to the instances. Currently Juju doesn't attach any role to the
instances, which means it's never possible to add one once the instances
are up & running.
Having a simple role equivalent to admin (* on * essentially) would empower
users to modify that role at a later point in time.
For example, in the context of Kubernetes, this would allow instances to
create ELB endpoints.
Or, in other use cases, having access to an S3 bucket would help doing
backup without requiring credentials.

Both feature though work well in clouds and do not map very well to MAAS /
Manual provider, so there is a risk of creating discrepancies in
experience.
SSH access can eventually be managed also via a lambda or simple cron
reacting to new instances that have the juju tags, and mapping security
rules to that (so different models could have different rules)
This is not true of instance role though.

Thoughts on that one James?
++
Sam

--
Samuel Cozannet
Cloud, Big Data and IoT Strategy Team
samuel.cozannet at canonical.com
mob: +33 616 702 389
skype: samnco
Twitter: @SaMnCo_23
[image: View Samuel Cozannet's profile on LinkedIn]
<https://es.linkedin.com/in/scozannet>