A new development release of Juju, 2.1-beta4, is here!

Merlijn Sebrechts merlijn.sebrechts at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 21:19:16 UTC 2017

Thanks for the info!

Seeing as you're working on these features now, I'll explain how we'd like
to use such a feature.

We're using MAAS. All the servers are connected to the MAAS control network
(cnet) using one interface. That interface also has a VLAN that is
connected directly to the internet. We have a very limited set of publicly
addressable ip's for the VLAN so we can't just give all servers a public ip
on that VLAN.

So by default, no server should receive a public ip. The server should only
receive a public IP when we specify it explicitly using a constraint.
Moreover, we want to specify that containers on a specific server should
get a public ip, even if the server itself doesn't have a public ip.

What we do for the moment is to manually give a bunch of servers a public
IP in MAAS and request those servers using constraints. However, this gives
us a fixed set of servers with public IPs and there is no way of specifying
what containers should get a public IP. We'd like to do this more
dynamically, and we'd like to be able to create containers with a public IP
on machines that do not have a public IP themselves.

Is this something that will be possible?