problem when building a charm for giraph

Konstantinos Tsakalozos kos.tsakalozos at canonical.com
Fri Jan 6 14:56:58 UTC 2017

Hi Panagiotis,

Thank you for the time and effort you put into this charm.

We definitely need to look at the configuration properties you are
suggesting and we should also consider the addition of an interface for
injecting jars into Hadoop classpath.

At this point you have two options for having someone officially review
your charm:
a) You can request your charm to be promulgated, and/or
b) push your code upstream to the Apache Bigtop repo.
I would suggest you do both; it should not be much work.

Promulgating your charm means that the charm you have will be reviewed
by our charmers and if accepted will be recommended to the Juju store
visitors. The recomended revision will not be under your namespace
anymore (will be available as cs:xenial/giraph). To request a review
simply login here [1] with your lp credentials and click request review.

To push your code upstream to the Apache Bigtop project is also
pretty easy. I have created a ticket to add a Giraph charm [2]. The task
for you is to make a pull request with a title that matches exactly
the title of the Jira ticket prefixed by the BIGTOP-XXXX ticket number
i.e. "BIGTOP-2660: Add Giraph Charm". This will link your PR to the ticket.

Thank you,
Konstantinos

[1] https://review.jujucharms.com/reviews
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BIGTOP-2660