Juju2 behind proxy

Merlijn Sebrechts merlijn.sebrechts at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 09:51:42 UTC 2017

The issue with an https proxy is that this is an application level tunnel,
not a network level tunnel. This means that EVERY application needs to
change its behavior. You can't change this from the OS level. Juju
correctly sets the https proxy variables, but those are only suggestions.
It is still up to the application to respect this. A bunch of applications
and libraries don't do that.

We've used an http proxy for a while, but we switched to a NATted setup
because there were just too much issues (outside of the control of Juju),
and fixing them all slowed us down a lot.